Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some of Reagan's first visitors

After settling in back at home, we had a steady stream of visitors for the first few weeks. It was fun introducing our little one to all our friends and most importantly to her Grandmother (my mom) who flew all the way from Nebraska to see her newest grandchild.

We tried to take pictures of all of Reagan's visitors, but we missed a few here and there. For instance, Shannon's coworker, Sara, dropped by and gave Reagan an adorable Petite Bateau outfit with cardigan. Also Shannon's clients, Michael and Lan, came by with a huge pan of lasagna and some cute outfits. Another friend, Simone, dropped off a pan of tacoritos which were fantastic (her and Maisie also visited us in the hospital). We gave everyone sachets filled with pink and purple pastel chocolates and white coated almonds as a little token of appreciation for stopping by (it's a Belgian tradition). Many of our visitors came bearing gifts including items such as chocolate, flowers, food, clothes and other baby items. It was way more than what we expected and feel lucky to have such nice friends.

Our neighbors Ivan, Klara and Andrija who live in the apartment above us (Klara had her baby a few weeks later)
Rosie and me: She brought us a box of Neuhaus Chocolates. Just what I didn't need for my post pregnancy figure, but of course I didn't decline them! I used to run with Rosie and actually met her through some of our other friends, Christina and Stig who now live in Norway.
Vicky lives a few streets behind us and we actually met her through Christina and Stig as well. Both her and Rosie are from the UK originally and both just got married this past year.
Leah is another traveling Deloitte spouse who I hang out with. She looks so proud! I think she'll be a good babysitter! She brought over lunch one day along with a delicious strawberry tart from Au Vatel in Place Jourdan. Also she so kindly is lending me all the Sex and The City seasons so I have something to watch on rainy days with Reagan; hopefully it won't corrupt her being this young!
Some of Reagan's pretty flowers she received from Vicky and our neighbors Klara and Ivan
Shannon's coworkers (Katie's) baby, Daisy, who is only a few weeks older than Reagan. Both Katie and her husband, Joel, came to visit while their 2 year old, Josh, stayed with a babysitter. They brought Reagan a cute purple flower top and pant outfit.
Shannon's coworker, Rick, starting Reagan as a wine connoisseur already. This was the first time we brought Reagan to a restaurant. She acted ok, but had to be held most of the time, so it was kind of hard to eat.
Stephanie (Rick's wife), who I do a lot with and fortunately lives on the street behind us! They brought over corn and potato chowder and made grilled cheese sandwiches for us one evening and even did the dishes before they left!
Dallas and Thomas cycled over to see us one weekend and took some lovely shots of Reagan and also brought us 'New Parents' Chocolate Muffins which were quite tasty. I met Dallas through my blog page
Naoko, my Japanese friend from French school. She brought Reagan some 'Hello Kitty' cloths, a colorful stuffed elephant and some cute burp cloths.
My neighbor, Klara and her new son, Danilo. Reagan is showing her naughty side even though I thought by wearing her 'Happy' shirt she'd be a little more polite!
My mother came at the end of August and enjoyed cuddling with Reagan as much as she could. By the end of her trip, I think Reagan liked her more than me!

No comments: